Animal caretaker for a day
Become an animal carer for one day and see the animals closer than ever!
Guided by our dedicated animal carers, step behind the scenes and discover exactly what it takes to care for the most incredible creatures on this planet!
Each animal care day includes:
- Time spent behind the scenes (5-6 hours) with the animals and their carer.
- Learn how the food is prepared for each animal (species).
- Go along on feeding rounds and admire the animals up close.
Roll up your sleeves to help fatten some of the enclosures.
Price: €200 per person
You donate a minimum of €200 for this unique day.
Remember that this is a unique day, an incredible experience and that the full amount goes to the workings of De Zonnegloed to take in neglected or confiscated animals and give them a good home for the rest of their lives.
When: weekends only (and by reservation)
This activity is possible all year round on Saturday or Sunday. The day runs from 10am to 4pm.
- For your own safety, we strongly advise against booking an animal care day during pregnancy.
- We operate with a hands-off policy. It is not possible to touch the animals during the day.
- This activity is only possible in Dutch or English.
- Participation is possible from the age of 14. Anyone under 16 must be accompanied by an adult participating in the same experience.
General terms and conditions
- The animal care day can be booked for up to five people per day. If you have booked alone, a second person may accompany you.
- Participation is possible from the age of 14 accompanied by an adult. Participation alone is possible from 16 years of age.
- You must be in good physical and mental health.
- Some animals are susceptible to human diseases. Therefore, you can only participate if you have had all vaccinations recommended as standard by your GP (as a child).
- The health of our animals is paramount. Therefore, the day cannot take place if you are ill.
- Due to the limited space in the kitchens and service corridors, it is not possible to bring companions, family or friends.
- Bookings cannot be cancelled. If you are ill, we can agree on another day. However, you must inform us at least one working day in advance.
- De Zonnegloed vzw reserves the right to modify the content of the programme, e.g. in case of illness or animal relocation.
- It is not allowed to take photos behind the scenes without the permission of the animal caretaker(s) present.